The Clooney Quin senior hurlers had their first round of the Clare Cup brought forward on Monday last to give supporters time to make the journey into the Gaelic Grounds which in itself turned out to be a monstrous three hour battle. Clooney Quin were without their county players Ryan Taylor and Peter Duggan, as were the opposition Kilmaley in Clooney for this first league game and it was Kilmaley that came out on top. Kilmaley are starting the 2018 season on the back of making it to the Munster Intermediate final in 2017. There was only a goal between the teams at half time and the visitors were ahead. In the end Kilmaley closed out the game with a ten point win. Clooney Quin made six substitutions which will help with player development for the season ahead. Final scort Clooney Quin 0 10 Kilmaley 2 14. They will play Cratloe on Sunday evening in Cratloe at 4:30 in round 2.
- Minor A’s See Off Difficult Opponents in Challenging Conditions August 6, 2020
- Guidance for clubs dealing with positive or suspected Covid 19 cases July 20, 2020
- Clooney Quin GAA Club Development July 20, 2020
- NHSC Guidelines on return of spectators to GAA Club Games July 20, 2020
- UPDATE: GAA Handball Return to Sport Document June 16, 2020